NOMINATED FOR THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD!!
Thank you so much for the nomination Sherry! I am thrilled to accept it and nominate other successful blogs. Your continuous support for me lately is extremely generous and I appreciate it a lot.
I am nominating you back for this award as a sign of thanks and respect. I also admire her life and chosen career paths.
The rules for this nomination are as follows
•Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
•Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
•Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
•Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
•Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I thrive on the endless mysteries and beauty of nature and creativity.
2. I am overly passionate about animals and sometimes wonder why I am trying to persue a creative career when so many animals need to be helped. I have two horses and a mini pony at the moment. Also, it is safe to say that even though I don’t own or pay for my boyfriend’s kittens, I love and need them just as much as if they were my own pets.
3. Cooking and drinking are two things I am naturally gifted at, other than art AHAHA (I am Irish, Scottish and French Canadian) I am convinced a certain percentage of vodka runs through my veins at this point.
4. I started off as a painter when I was 12, now ten years later I cant seem to stop expanding my creative skills and interests. This has been an interesting journey so far, and at this point I am starting to consider myself a “Jack of All Trades, But a Master of None”
Some people frown upon not having a specialty in art, but I find it more fresh and exciting right now to continue experimenting with different mediums and techniques. Often times, my art features a combination of traditional practices with contemporary subject matter and mixed media techniques.
5. I love swimming and even have an in ground pool on my property, but in the last 3 years I have developed and overwhelming fear of bodies of water such as rivers, lakes and oceans. I had a cottage growing up and never had any problems with swimming in lakes. Now all of a sudden if I start walking towards a river or lake, my heart beats out of my chest, I get light headed and very shaky. I think I have watched too much discovery network, and I feel like I need to permanently respect the marine world. WEIRD….i know
6 . I am currently and art coordinator for a non-profit organization and gallery. Everyday I question why I put up with half the shit I do. But then some days I feel so rewarded to know I am helping local artists enhance their careers. Working this job has made me realize that artists are VERY unique people and we all have different attitudes and outlooks on life. Sometimes I want to scream in an artist’s face and tell them to stop being so selfish, unmotivated and burnt out. But then I see the generous, thriving and hard working artists who feel fulfilled by their career whether they are making enough money or not. I am learning everyday why some artists are successful and why some are not at all. I am also learning the dynamic around a charity based organization and feel pretty confident that this will be my only non-profit based job. I am struggling to find time to practice my own art, but now that I am graduated I feel like time is going to be on my side more.
7. I love sleep so much but have been suffering from insomnia for the past 6 years on and off. Right now my insomnia is HORRIBLE. Sometimes insomnia is the worst things to ever deal with and sometimes I just think to myself “ It is the middle of the night, and if my body does not want to sleep, then I will simply make the best of it and catch up on my website, or painting etc. “ No medication works for me and I do not like taking sleeping pills anyways so instead of fighting against insomia I have been trying to make the best of it AHAHA. Life. Is. Interesting.
THE 15 BLOGS I CHOSE TO NOMINATE (was not an easy task, it took me forever to go through a bunch of blogs I like, but I have arrived with these)
Chris Condello: http://chriscondello.wordpress.com
Vanessa Kary: http://vanessakary.wordpress.com/page/3/
Beatnik Hiway: http://beatnikhiway.com
Deconstructing My Illusions: http://deconstructingmyillusions.wordpress.com
Uprooted Magnolia: http://leahyetter.wordpress.com
Enabling Change at McMichael Gallery: http://enablemcacgallery.wordpress.com
Meanwhile Back at The Ranch: http://veederranch.com
What is it?: http://schelleycassidy.wordpress.com
Recycled Interirors: http://recycledinteriors.org
Harsh Reality: http://aopinionatedman.com
Quirkin It: http://giddysap.wordpress.com
Hover Craft Doggy: http://hovercraftdoggy.com
The New Playground: http://balauru.wordpress.com